Island Games Update: Day Four
11th July 2019
Another 10 medals for Team Guernsey in a quieter day at the Games.
- Sarah Mercier won Gold as she comfortably won the 5,000m.
- The only other Gold of the day was a confirmation of one from Tuesday with Nikki Trebert being confirmed as winner of the 25m Standard Pistol.
- Louis Plevin won Silver in the Men’s Open Judo event to add to the Bronze he won in the 83kg event on Tuesday.
- Natalie Dodd had a double medal day as she took Silver in the Women’s Doubles Squash with Karen Robinson, then added another Silver in the Mixed Doubles with Lawrence Graham.
- In the Pool, Tom Hollingsworth added a Bronze to his tally in the Men’s 200m Backstroke, whilst Tatiana Tostevin won Bronze in the Ladies event.
- There was also a Silver for the ladies in the 4 x 100m Freestyle relay and a Bronze for the Men’s 4 x 100m Individual Medley.
- Guernsey have now won 15 medals in the Pool, but amazingly, none of them are Gold!
- There is a guaranteed medal for Elena Johnson & Chloe Le Tissier in Badminton as they reached the final of the Ladies Doubles, whilst a guaranteed Bronze in the Men’s doubles as both Guernsey pairs will contest the play off.
- Guernsey men are into the semi-final of the Basketball after beating Menorca 92-78. The ladies beat Jersey 50-14 in the first of their 5th place play off matches.
- Clem Thompson leads in the Laser Radial sailing going into the final day of races, whilst Andrew Bridgeman is 2nd in the Laser Standard.
- Guernsey are now 4th in the medals table with 12 Gold, 28 Silver and 17 Bronze. Based on overall medals won, the Green Army would be 2nd with the 57 medals they have won.