Island Games Update: Day Three
10th July 2019
Guernsey are making a habit of winning Silver medals at this years Games as they added another 10 Silvers to the haul on day 3 amongst a clutch of 18 medals.
- There were 3 Golds on Tuesday, kicked off by the Table Tennis squad winning a Team Gold as they beat Jersey 4-2.
- Rhiannon Dowinton won the 100m Hurdles, and James Straughan won another Shooting Gold in the Police Pistol event.
- We know that Nikki Trebert also won her event but it has yet to be confirmed by the IG website.
- Amongst the 10 silvers were Indi Gallagher for the 400m, Toby Glass in the 110m Hurdles, Sam Culverwell in the Cycling Time Trial, adding to his Gold from the weekend.
- The Mens Cyclists won Bronze in the Team Time Trial, as did the Ladies team.
- There was also Silver for Andy Torode in the Police Pistol, and the Revolver 48 Shot max 6″ Barrell.
- Natalie Dodd won Silver in the ladies Squash, whilst Janick Radford took a Bronze in the mens event.
- There were more medals in the pool as Charlie-Joe Hallett won Bronze for the mens 400m IM, and a Silver in the Mens 50m Breaststroke. William Russell took Bronze in the latter.
- Tom Hollingsworth added a Silver to his collection in the Mens 100m Butterfly and it was team Silvers for the Mens 4 x 50m Freestyle relay and Womens 4 x 50m Medley relay.
- We are aware that Louis Plevin won Bronze in Judo, but again, this is yet to be confirmed by the official results.
- Elsewhere, the mens Basketball side are through to the Quarter Finals after beating Jersey, but the ladies will face a 5th place play off.
- The ladies Beach Volleyball team won their first match of the Games beating Gibraltar 2-0
- In Badminton, Jordan Trebert is through to the mens singles last 16. Chloe Le Tissier, Emily Trebert and Cerys Batiste are all in the ladies last 16.
- And in Tennis, Tom Turner has reached the Quarter Finals of the Singles, as has Jo Dyer in the ladies event.
- Guernsey lie 4th in the medals table on 10 Gold, 24 Silver and 13 Bronze.