615 Jersey frontline emergency workers, prison staff and Armed Forces members are receiving a Jubilee Medal.
The special commemorative award is being presented to mark the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.
The first medals have been presented to 40 States of Jersey Police officers to coincide with 70 years of the force.
There will be further ceremonies over the coming months to award medals to:
- Jersey Ambulance Service
- Jersey Fire and Rescue Service
- Jersey Customs and Immigration Service
- Jersey Prison Service
- Jersey Field Squadron
- Bomb Disposal
- Airport Fire and Rescue Service
- Jersey Lifeboat Associaton
- Honorary Police
Today's medals were awarded by the Lieutenant Governor Sir Stephen Dalton and the Bailiff of Jersey, Tim Le Cocq, at a ceremony in the Royal Court House.
"I am delighted to be able to present the Platinum Jubilee Medals to our frontline services, firstly to members of the States of Jersey Police. This is part of a tradition of awarding medals to mark Royal Jubilees and they are a token of thanks to those members of the emergency services, prison services and HM Armed Forces who serve us with such dedication.
The presentation of medals is part of a larger programme of local events we have scheduled to complement those organised by the Royal Household. I hope they will allow islanders to enjoy this time when families can celebrate together. It should be memorable for all who choose to take part." - Tim Le Cocq, Bailiff.
The medals have a picture of the Queen with the Latin inscription 'Elizabeth II Dei Gratia Regina Fid Def', which stands for 'Elizabeth II, By the Grace of God, Queen, Defender of the Faith'.
Medals are given to officers who are:
- Serving members of the Armed Forces that have completed five full calendar years of service on 6 February 2022
- Frontline emergency services officers that have completed five full calendar years of service on 6 February 2022
- Members of the prison service who are regularly exposed to difficult and sometimes emergency situations that have completed five full calendar years of service on 6 February 2022
- Members of the Royal Household with one year of qualifying service
- Living individual recipients of the George Cross
- Living individual recipients of the Victoria Cross
A number of events will be taking place in Jersey over a four-day bank holiday in early June to celebrate 70 years of Her Majesty's reign.