Tumble Dryer Sparks Fire At Town Flats

Photos supplied by JFRS

A St Helier flat has been badly damaged by fire.

It is believed the blaze at Liberation Court was sparked by a tumble dryer.

Jersey Fire and Rescue Service has praised the quick actions of the tenant for preventing the flames spreading to more parts of the communal block.

Nine firefighters from White Watch attended the scene just after pm on Sunday (9 January)

Two crew entered the third floor flat to put out the fire, while the remaining firefighters evacuated the rest of the building.

No one was injured.

More from Jersey News

Just Played Songs

Weather Forecast

  • Sun

    14°C

  • Mon

    16°C

  • Tue

    15°C

  • Wed

    15°C

  • Thu

    15°C

Island FM VIP

Get more with the Island FM VIP!

93.7-104.7 FM & DAB+
islandfm.com
Island FM app
'Alexa, play Island FM'