Jersey has had its hottest June day on record.
Temperatures have reached 33.2°C at Maison St Louis Observatory.
It beats the previous high of 33°C on 30 June 2015.
- Shutting windows, pulling down shades, blinds, or curtains to keep rooms as cool as possible
- Staying out of the sun for long periods if possible and avoiding the hottest part of the day
- Wearing sunscreen and hats when outside
- Having cool baths or showers
- Drinking plenty of water and avoiding tea, coffee, and alcohol
- Wearing loose, cool clothing
- Not leaving dogs alone in cars.
It will remain very hot tomorrow, with highs of 31°C forecast.
Temperatures will then drop into the early 20s from Sunday.