On Air Now The Late Mix 9:00pm - Midnight
Now Playing Little Mix Shout Out To My Ex

Storage Silo Catches Fire

Image Credit: Jersey Fire and Rescue

Firefighters were called to reports of smoke coming out of a sawdust storage silo earlier.

They extinguished the fire, which appeared to have started because of a generator malfunction - causing a small area of sawdust to catch alight.

An on-site worker has been praised for discovering what happened, isolating the electrics and phoning 999.

More from Jersey News

Island FM VIP

Get more with the Island FM VIP!

Download Our App

Never miss a moment from Island FM

  • Available on the App Store
  • Available on Google Play
  • Just ask Amazon Alexa