On Air Now Through The Night Midnight - 6:00am Playing Cry Me Out - Pixie Lott
Now Playing Pixie Lott Cry Me Out

Unattended Chip Pan Leads To Kitchen Fire

Picture Credit: JFRS

A chip pan that was left 'briefly unattended' led to a kitchen fire in a block of flats in St Helier.

Two fire engines attended the scene in Chambers Apartments at around 5:30pm yesterday (27 July).

Islanders were warned to avoid Mulcaster Street while the incident was dealt with.

Two firefighters wearing breathing equipment tackled the fire, which was contained to the kitchen and extinguished quickly.

"Even only for those brief moments, when using hot oils for cooking it is those short moments that the situations change.

This incident highlights that when using hot oils or chip pans that if you need to leave the room, even for short periods that you remove the source of heat to avoid overheating." - Ryan Hall, Station Commander.

More from Jersey News

Island FM VIP

Get more with the Island FM VIP!

Download Our App

Never miss a moment from Island FM

  • Available on the App Store
  • Available on Google Play
  • Just ask Amazon Alexa