The poorly puffin passed away despite being cared for by the GSPCA over the space of two days.
However, experts say he had ingested too much oil after arriving coated in the substance and it is 'almost impossible' to rehabilitate birds in that condition because they try to clean their feathers.
He died two days after his rescue.
GSPCA manager Steve Byrne says it's an incredibly sad moment.
"We were all incredibly upset when we were unable to save Oscar Puff the puffin.
It is rare for puffins to come into any rescue and when any bird comes in oiled they are often poisoned from cleaning the oil off themselves.
We strive to help over 2000 wild animals and birds every year."